Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where is this purported sunshine? Why are the laundry baskets so full? When will the rooster stop crowing at 4 a.m.? How many loaves can three boys consume in a week? Why can't I read a grocery list? Is adding a sprig of baby's breath to a boutonniere for a middle-school semi-formal dance really worth the 2 extra dollars? Why do my poems shift without warning between free verse and form? Isn't black far and away the best-looking color for a poodle? Why do I still remember all the lyrics to Carpenters songs that I never listen to? Does being an involved parent at school make me cheerful or depressed? When will my barnyard fence fall down? How come I keep forgetting to go to the dump? Will I ever get fat? What novel will I read next? Who will attend my funeral?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Why am I soft in the middle now?
Why am I soft in the middle?
The rest of my life is so hard!