Thursday, June 6, 2024

I'm at my sister's house; and to my surprise, I slept late this morning, a rare thing at the best of times, and always welcome. Her house has a double mountain view: Adirondacks to the west, Greens to the east. No matter which way I look,  the poignant beauty of hills.

It's been hot here in Vermont, but I think today will be cooler and eventually rainy. I have no idea what I'll be doing. Not much, other than sitting around in my parents' living room, probably, but I can hope for at least a walk.

As comfort, though, I am finding out that readers are really liking my new poetry manuscript. In yesterday's email: "I'm especially impressed by, and in awe of, how this collection leaps in several new directions for you." That is the kind of comment that will help me manage a hard day.

No comments: