Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Rain and wind all night, and maybe that's why I slept so fitfully. This morning the storm continues, but I must gird on my sword and scabbard and quest out to Ocean Park, where I'll be teaching a storytelling-in-poetry class. My plan had been teach in the morning, go to the beach for lunch. But part 2 will not be happening. Clearly it is not a beach day.

There's a maple in a neighbor's yard that's splitting down the middle. When it falls--and it will fall soon--it won't hit our property, but others are in danger. Though I've been Cassandra-ing about it, the tenants and the property owner don't seem at all concerned. Maybe that's what kept me awake: imaging that massive tree coming down. Or maybe I was anxious about teaching. Or maybe it was that stupid cat, who kept biting my feet. Who knows.

Anyway, it's morning and I have to drive in the rain just like a regular commuter. Wish me luck.

No comments: