Monday, August 22, 2022

I spent my day off cleaning bathrooms and filling out a grant application, neither of which is relaxing, but so it goes. At least I got them finished before I have to refill my head with editing. Tom worked outside on the shed. When I wasn't toiling over linoleum or "a career narrative" (ugh), I picked vegetables, watered plants, ran the trimmer, wrote a letter, made cookies. It was a useful day, if not restful.

Today I'll be back to the editing pile: this job goes on and on, and the stack never seems to get shorter. And tonight my poetry workshop group meets, though I have no idea what I'll bring for them to pick at. I guess I need to figure that out.

I am wishing for a little vacation.

Still, we're supposed to get rain this afternoon, and that's a sort of holiday. 

No comments: