Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Apparently my reading last night for the Frost Place Seminar was available on Facebook Live, but I didn't know it would be, so didn't let you know. However, here's the video, if you're interested. I had a webcam emergency right before the reading, so you'll see that I'm zooming from Tom's badly lit study. Despite the shadows, you'll also get to see Tom's photos behind me, which might be a nice change from looking at my books.

Okay: step 1 of unexpected work week behind me. I think the reading went okay, despite technical upsets, and I'd best figure out that webcam situation before Friday. 

This morning my friend Julia is stopping by for a visit and a walk, so that will be a refreshment. The air is notably cool this morning, though the day will heat up quickly. We need rain again, as always, yet the beans and cucumbers and peppers are pouring in, and above them the sunflowers are grinning and nodding. Summer still manages to delight.

And I will be chipping away at my craft talk, and reading, and watering, and hanging laundry, and weeding the sidewalk gardens, and perhaps Erato, that doughty muse, will amble by with her dog and her coffee cup, and croak me a little song.

No comments: