Sunday, July 31, 2022


This was the scene yesterday morning, as Tom pondered the rafter project and Ruckus flopped officiously on the paving stones. The cat loves construction, and exhausted himself with much administrative attention to the scene. At the end of the day he came inside without complaint and went to bed early.


And here is a late-day photo with the rafters up. Behind the shed you can see our neighbors' garage, which is not exactly parallel to the shed, meaning that from some angles an optical illusion makes the shed looks crooked, though T is a leveling master. He is somewhat put out about this.

Today he'll shear off the front peak and put on the galvanized roof. I suspect that will take most of the day: I don't know what will come next: possibly cutting a new door frame that doesn't thwack tall homeowners in the forehead. T still needs to buy siding, so covering up the Christmas colors is a ways off.

Today I'll clean the house, which I normally don't do on the days that Tom is home-carpentering, but I've got a busy week ahead and need to get the chores out of my hair. Yesterday I did a bunch of weeding, made a batch of pesto for the freezer, bottled up some dried herbs, and prepped new bundles of fresh for drying. I also made a cake that turned out to be a bust because I forgot a main ingredient: ugh. I hate when I do stupid things like that.

No comments: