Sunday, April 24, 2022

Yesterday's Poet's Table class was so refreshing: I was able to sit back and enjoy without being responsible for running the room, plus I got two decent pre-drafts out of Beth's prompts. The group was cheerful and engaged, and altogether it was an excellent afternoon.

Today I've got a few desk things to do this morning, but mostly I'm hoping to be outside in the garden. I've started cultivating beds, carefully, because not everything has sprouted yet. But the maple seedlings are taking hold fast, so they need to be squelched; and with the tulips beginning to open, the fluffed-up soil will serve as a showcase for their stiff beauty. I want to plant a second crop of lettuce and arugula; I need to do a little watering; maybe I should even mow grass. The garden needs me today, and I'm happy at the thought of all of my little duties.

No comments: