Sunday, April 17, 2022

 

Cherry blossoms at Brooklyn Botanic Garden; below, a beautiful Japanese maple just coming into leaf.

We began the morning by trudging up the hill into Prospect Park and then across the plaza to the botanic garden. It was a gorgeous day to visit: cherries just coming into flower, magnolias and bluebells at their height. We ambled among the gardens and then back down through the park, where we saw wood ducks and coots and a red-winged blackbird.

This morning I will slowly gather myself for church, and then make my way to Manhattan to catch the bus. It's been a long time since I've been to Easter service, and I'm looking forward to it. But I'm also looking forward to getting home to my own garden and my own bed.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Makes me miss those years when my daughter lived in the Bronx, and we could have an early spring by visiting her (wysteria in Central Park was especially memorable). What a wonderful break from our rainy week: Macbeth, cherry blossoms, and Easter!

Richard said...

Beautiful trees and blossoms. Safe travels always.