Friday, March 11, 2022

I laid low yesterday (for me): just a bit of desk work, a long walk with my neighbor, laundry but no cooking, a dab of yard work, reading, a nap, and lots and lots of tea. So this morning I am feeling much better. I think the sinus infection has been circumvented: my glasses no longer hurt to sit on my face; my eyes no longer feel like canned shrimp. 

I'll try to take another quiet-ish day today, though I will have to clean house and cook and prep for the weekend seminar. The news from Ukraine is so painful, and I know the class will be hard.

But both of my boys called yesterday, so that was cheering. Paul had a great time at the Big East tournament; James was wandering around downtown Chicago, amusing himself as he was waiting for his car to get out of the shop. And here in Portland a cardinal was singing and singing on a neighbor's crabapple tree.

No comments: