Saturday, April 10, 2021

Planted another round of seeds yesterday: this time, carrots, beets, and lettuce. Unfortunately, rain-wise, it's looking like a repeat of last spring--which is to say, there's not enough. We haven't had a solid rainstorm since that day a few weeks ago when the water poured into our breaker box.

I've got to work this weekend, reading poems for a contest I'm supposed to judge, because I just can't take time off for this job during the week. I'm struggling to keep up with my editing schedule, I've got an essay due on Wednesday . . . Life in general feels difficult and slippery: so many balls to juggle, and all of them are bouncing off my head.

At least I slept well last night, so I'm energetic, if overwhelmed. Already there's a load of towels grinding in the washing machine, and in a few minutes I'll haul them outside to the line and stop to stand under the budding maples and take in a few deep breaths of dewy air. And then I'll trundle back inside and get started on the obligations.

No comments: