Wednesday, April 7, 2021


Greetings from the first daffodils of the season, posed on the kitchen windowsill next to a blue dawn sky.

Yesterday was mild and cloudy, the moody air half-bright, half-dim, and I am relieved to say that I both got a lot of desk work done and managed to spend a goodly amount of time outside. I plowed through a chunk of editing, sussed out my syllabus for Thursday's high school class, and took a trip to the grocery store, and then I rewarded myself by weeding three flowerbeds and going for a bike ride.

Our best news of the day? Paul has a vaccine appointment for next Wednesday, which means that Maine is far-enough along in the process to be scheduling young people. We are celebrating! James is fully vaxxed in Chicago, Tom and I are halfway there, and now Paul is jumping into line. By late May, all four of us will be ready to step back into the world. 

Today I hope to get through another sizable chunk of editing, copy out the poems I'll be teaching tomorrow, and then maybe, in the afternoon, take a drive to the plant nursery to buy ferns and Solomon seal for the new shade beds I prepared last fall.

And I'd like to sit in the sun and drink tea and watch the bees cavorting among the new blooms. 

No comments: