Monday, March 8, 2021

This week's forecast says spring! From Monday through Friday, we should see a gradual shift from the high 30s into the mid-50s, and I cannot wait to get into the garden with a rake and a wheelbarrow, maybe by tomorrow. But it will be a busy week, too, even without raking: teaching on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons, class planning to finish, meetings, house stuff, poetry stuff. Lots of juggling.

Today: an 8 a.m. core class, and then I'll prep for my high schoolers, clean bathrooms, and figure out something for dinner--probably a chicken pie. Yesterday I made falafel, pita, tahini sauce, and a beautiful salad of chiogga beets and cherry tomatoes. That meal took a lot of time to prepare, but was worth it.

In the afternoon I took a break from cooking and Tom took a break from woodworking, and we drove over to the Eastern Prom (where we used to live in that apartment, the one where I was so miserable) and went for long looping walk along the bay and up Munjoy Hill. I am so happy to be a visitor and not a resident. That was a terrible year with a gorgeous view. I never want to go through it again.

No comments: