Thursday, March 12, 2020

Life in the visiting artist lane is feeling pretty shaky right now. Yesterday, two of my upcoming events--Saturday's revision workshop at the Wheaton Writing Academy, my reading at the Yarmouth library on March 26--were postponed until the fall. I wait for other shoes to drop.

For me, losing or postponing these kinds of gigs is more than an annoyance. I'm a freelancer; traveling gigs are how I make a large portion of my income. So I'm very worried about what's to come, cancelation-wise.  Halting school-related work will be a big blow.

Thank goodness I've still got editing work; at least some money will still be coming in.

But it's looking more and more like we can't see our children for the foreseeable future. My parents are terrified. Our national leadership is deeply incompetent.

So I'm sending you a link to Dolly Parton's "Here You Come Again." Even now, listening to it makes me so happy. You try it too.

1 comment:

Christopher Woodman said...

Me too!

So often you say so much in such surprising ways,

C/