Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I did get a lot of editing done yesterday, and I tried to can tomatoes, too, but apparently the rubber gasket on the lids had gone bad so none of the jars would seal. It was very irritating. Still, I did mow grass and roast a chicken and make mashed potatoes, and cool air sifted through the evening windows, and the Red Sox came back from a large run deficit to almost win even though their pitching was horrible, and I finally beat Tom in a cribbage game, and it was a sweet early autumn night when a homesteader's thoughts turn to "guess it's time to move some firewood into the house this weekend."


3 comments:

David (n of 49) said...

I have actually seen more than tomatoes blow their gasket. True story.

Dawn Potter said...

Sounds ugly.

David (n of 49) said...

Yep, as jokes go, that one kind of was. My apologies to blog management.