Friday, September 2, 2011

The Harmony Fair opens tonight, which means you may or may not hear from me regularly this weekend. This is my last year of running the Exhibit Hall, which is bittersweet for me since I've been doing it for a decade. But it's also crazy and exhausting; and because next year my son will be heading off for college at about this time, I want my attention and time to be his.

Thanks, by the way, for your comments about both "Son-in-Law" and the LocusPoint project. They mean a lot to me.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

"... writers whom I have watched, over the years, work to deepen their (for lack of a better word) moral relationship to poetry.... not implying moralizing but rather a groping for the truth beyond the truth, the complications, the confusions, the unanswerable." This so richly sums up how I viewed this collection. Life ain't pretty; yet poetry allows us to access it with a reality check and also a chance for compassion.

Julia Munroe Martin said...

I didn't read Son-in-Law until this morning.... wow, bowled me over. I can well understand your nightmares.

And having been through it twice, I think you are *so wise* to devote next year to your son's departure and not the Exhibit Hall!

Maureen said...

Have fun this weekend!