Monday, August 15, 2022

Another cool morning, 56 degrees. Last night, eating dinner outdoors at our neighbor's, I wore a sweater, and now I am wearing a robe, and autumn creeps ever closer and closer.

Tom did end up working on the shed yesterday, a long day tinkering with doorframe and door, but now we have an entryway that that does not crack us in the forehead or require a sharp kick to shut. What a novelty! He estimates two more weekends of work, and I hope that's true. He needs some time off.

Meanwhile, I planted fall crops, weeded and watered, deadheaded blooms, cleaned bathrooms, made a big salad for our meal next door, and hung around Tom like a teenager watching her boyfriend work on his car.

But today we are back to our separate trails. He'll head off to the big house he's renovating. I've got to remember to bring my car to the garage for an inspection, and I've got so much editing to do, and I've got floors to clean, and my exercise class, and probably there's something else written on my calendar that I'm not remembering, and as you can see I am flustered already.

I know I haven't mentioned any national news for a while, but that doesn't mean I'm not worrying over it. Imagine a giant black pencil scribble on this page. Call it Mar-a-Lago and Salman Rushdie.

No comments: