Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Good morning! More rain last night, and more showers forecast for today. Everything is sticky and clammy and humid, and my hair looks like a bush, but I couldn't be happier. The garden was desperately dry, but now it's full of enthusiasm again. I will have a lot of weeding to do this weekend.

This morning is our conference's last session. (In the afternoon we shift over to the Writing Intensive, which not every participant will be staying for.) My focus today will be on using group work as a strategy for revision practice: a practice I was beginning to develop in person with my Monson Arts kids but am now, on the fly, going to transfer into a distance experiment with participants. I'm little jangled, but I think I can do it. My students always loved it when I thought up things for them to do off the top of my head, so I'm going to run with that here.

If you happened to miss last night's reading, it's archived here. You will get a good look at the couch I've been sitting on for five days straight.

2 comments:

nancy said...

It's a foggy morning here. I feel like I am at the ocean! Your reading was wonderful last night. I am looking forward to the revision workshop, but I need to do some weeding first!

Ruth said...

💜