Thursday, July 18, 2019

Well, we got almost no rain yesterday, just sweat and humidity and general discomfort. It looks like I'll need to start watering my garden in earnest.

My cold is no better this morning, and I'm feeling dumber than usual, but I did manage to work on a revision yesterday and begin drafting a new poem. It's possible they're both garbage, but we'll see. I've been getting stacks of rejections lately, so who knows what's what anyway? One blunders on.

On Saturday the temperature is supposed to reach 95--horrible weather for the north, but perfectly appropriate for my wedding anniversary. On July 20, 1991, I got married on Rhode Island's hottest day on record. Maybe that record's since been broken, but the memories remain keen. Tom and I plan to celebrate by spending the afternoon at an air-conditioned bowling alley. We should have gotten married in one.

No comments: