Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I had a first-thing-in-the-morning meeting with my friend Ian, who directs the Kauffmann Summer Writing Seminar where I'll be teaching in a couple of weeks. (This will be my third year as co-director of this camping/writing trip for high schoolers, though all I do is show up and throw around prompts, while Ian manages the camping, transportation, food, administration, etc. This year I'm excited to borrow/muck around with some notions I learned at the Frost Place (involving letter writing and Barry Lopez's environmental encyclopedia Home Ground) as openings into human engagement with place. I'll let you know how my experiments work.)

And then I came home and worked on the schedule for another future workshop, filled out a form for a third, mulled over emails about a fourth. . . . Maybe-teaching-someday sure takes up a lot of time.

No comments: