Friday, May 24, 2019

Yesterday I reorganized my study so that it is now tidy and even well lit, plus I received a beautiful asparagus fern in the mail from my Chicago children--an unexpected gift that made me get all weepy on the front stoop. O my young people. They are nectar.

Beans are up, columbine is about to bloom, lilacs are bubbling and flowing. Last night I served seared bluefin tuna with wilted bok choy, roasted baby potatoes, cucumbers in yogurt, and diced marinated cherry tomatoes, garnished with a big pinch of baby salad greens and topped with minced garlic chives and cilantro. I love kitchen-garden cooking so much.

Now the rains are over and the sun is shining. I'll edit this morning, then go to yoga and run some errands, then amble home to hack out some weeds and maybe submit some poems. I'm still reading Jean Stafford's stories; she is very good at endings. I'm still reading Frost Place faculty poems and mulling over the intro essays I'll be writing about them.

Open windows. One of the best things about spring.

No comments: