Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Waking up in the morning with a son in the house = happiness.

Outside, I can see the fog hanging low over the neighborhood, one of those early morning mists that will burn off within an hour. Already the sun is shimmering, diamond-like, through its upper reaches.

Things that give me pleasure this morning (in addition to having a son in the house): Looking at the tidy arrangement in our newly painted and shelved linen closet. Drying my hands on a non-threadbare kitchen towel. I am not hard to please.

I'm continuing to move forward with Lincoln in the Bardo, finding a slow reading rhythm. Yesterday, in high school, I taught my very favorite Akhmatova poem. And oh yes!--here's some big news for all of you supportive you-should-write-a-letter-to-Subaru friends: The company's customer service tells me that my car should have been covered under an existing extended transmission warranty. Ergo, the service guy at the local dealer screwed up when he told me there wasn't one. Right now Subaru is reviewing my bill, so keep your fingers crossed because it seems possible that I may be reimbursed.