Monday, April 30, 2018

Yesterday's reading/performance was lovely--low-key, gentle, filled with emotion. The program alternated between musicians and poets, and I recollected once again how vibrant the music life is in Portsmouth. There is an intense songwriting circle down there, and many of its members are involved with the Writers in the Round program. If you are a poet or a songwriter who is at all interested in exploring the crossovers between those arts, I encourage you to consider signing up for the group's Star Island retreat. There's more than a little Frost Place heart in this gathering. You will feel at home.

Today I'm back to work, though I'm close to the end of my current, very complicated editing project. I think it will be a cool day, with passing showers, though at the moment the sun is shining. Everywhere in Portland tulips and daffodils are opening, and down in Portsmouth the forsythia is in full glory, and I have a permanent allergy headache. Not that I care. I am all for flowers.

And maybe I'll get my car back, with her expensive young 17,000-mile transmission. Gah.

No comments: