Sunday, April 29, 2018

Yesterday I planted seeds: sunflowers, nasturtiums, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, zinnias, calendula; also rapini, burgundy beans, scarlet runners, chard, kohlrabi, and bok choi. Thus ends my spring planting season, bar a few more herb plants and any irresistible flower seedlings I come across. I've saved space for tomatoes, peppers, a cucumber, and basil; and once we finish cleaning out the backyard, I'll sow some wildflower seeds out there.

Today, I'm off to a reading at the Durham Community Church in Durham, New Hampshire, 2 p.m. A number of musicians will also be performing, and I think I'm going to get to play fiddle backup for a song, in addition to reading some new work. Maybe I'll see a few of you locals?


1 comment:

Carlene M Gadapee said...

O, how I wish I could be at the reading. The weather is dreary, and seeing friendly faces and hearing good words/music would be balm.

Have a great time!