Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I'll be heading north for band practice later this afternoon, with hopes of getting home tomorrow morning before the next winter storm strikes. It's been a while since we've rehearsed, and my fingers feel stiff and out of sorts. Plus, I've had some carpal tunnel flareups this winter, and they always affect my dexterity. But at least the days are longer and I won't be driving the whole way up in the dark.

I was supposed to be editing yesterday, but some problems arose with the manuscript, so for the moment it's back in the hands of the press editors. This gave me a chance to lug a carload of stuff to the Goodwill: records, books, clothes, dishware. Ugh. Why did we move all of this stuff and only now decide to get rid of it? But anyway, I managed to clear enough space in the basement for the next stack of things that we can't figure out what do with. Anybody need a small, aging, flatscreen TV? How about a CD player that only sort of works? I thought not.

If you hear from me tomorrow, it won't be till later in the morning. In the meantime, you could be filling out your application for the Frost Place. . . .

No comments: