Friday, February 7, 2014

Weather update: Cold, cold, cold, and I think I am getting a cold.

Reading update: Skimming the expense accounts, population statistics, and escapee troubles of an 18th-century gaol is not making me feel less cold or cold-ridden, though I do love the spelling. Unfortunately the reprinted documents were badly proofread, so gaol frequently appears as goal.

Irony update: Which it was not.

Dinner update: No boy home for dinner tonight, which means that I can eat a lot of mushrooms. So I am thinking of making a quiche with green onions, parsley, honey mushrooms, parmesan, cream, and new-laid eggs.

Ruckus update: Earlier this week, I tried to go snowshoeing without him, but he put up such a noisy, yowly fuss that I had to go back and get him. Because the snow was too deep, he decided to ride in my hood. Tom says it was the silliest thing he's ever seen. No photos were taken.

New books update: Same Old Story goes to the printer this week. The Conversation is nearly ready for page proofs. The Vagabond's Bookshelf should be out in the fall.

Book-in-progress update: Chestnut Ridge will be a thousand pages long and will still never be finished.

Tragicomic rejection-letter update: "Thanks so much for letting us have a chance with your essay. Although we won't be able to take it, I learned lots from reading the piece, and am very grateful to you for sending it our way."

Teenage son update: Keeps missing the bus because he spends too much time rolling up his sleeves to just the right level.

Reaction-of-older-brother update: "I'm glad he's enjoying dressing himself."

Poodle update: "I like it when cats sit in boxes. I don't like it when they lick tuna cans. I love you. I'm going to cough up a stick now."

Cheerful self-confidence update: Working on it.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks for the humorous post, this morning.

There's a video making FB rounds of cats diving into boxes. I'm sure your poodle would love it.

On a much more serious note, I'm looking forward to your new books.

Carlene said...

The Sleeves.

Enough said.

=) Thanks for the bellylaugh...I needed it.