Thursday, November 21, 2013

Today CavanKerry Press is featuring my essay about Gerard Manley Hopkins's "The Soldier," which in different form will appear in The Conversation. I previously published a bit of the essay on this blog, but the CKP version is much longer and more detailed.

In other news, it's 12 degrees outside. Last night, the sky was as clear as water, with the Milky Way rippling like sand in a stream. And then there was an enormous falling star.

Breaking news: J Journal: New Writing on Justice just nominated me for a Pushcart Prize! I am so happy! It's a long western Pennsylvania poem called "The Testimony of Various Witnesses." I read it at the Frost Place this summer; so if you were there, you might remember it. I am so happy!

2 comments:

Carlene said...

Geoff and I are both extremely excited for you on the nomination!! Well done!!

Ruth said...

SPLENDID!!!!