Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Lord. Who would have guessed? I feel like I should go back to bed even though I've only been up for 10 minutes.

And on another note, who knew that Wordsworth could sound like Whitman (albeit in a prim Wordsworthian kind of way)?

from The Prelude

William Wordsworth

Dust as we are, the immortal spirit grows

Like harmony in music; there is a dark

Inscrutable workmanship that reconciles

Discordant elements, makes them cling together

In one society. How strange that all

The terrors, pains, and early miseries,

Regrets, vexations, lassitudes interfused

Within my mind, should e’er have borne a part,

And that a needful part, in making up

The calm existence that is mine when I

Am worthy of myself!

3 comments:

charlotte gordon said...

What are you referring to? the heat? Wordsworth?

Ruth said...

Be good to yourself and go back to bed...or at least take a nap!

Dawn Potter said...

Charlotte, if you hit the link, you'll read a review, and then you'll know why I'm surprised.