Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First things first: we caught a mouse! (Note "a" rather than "the." I don't want my dizzy hopes to float too high.)

Second things second: a publisher wrote me a lovely typewritten letter in which he asked to see the complete Vagabond's Bookshelf manuscript.

Now third: I dreamed a poem and then I woke up and forgot it. I hate that.

And fourth: Let me sing the praises of raspberries, raspberries, raspberries and their glorious helpmeet, a bowl of cream whipped by a twelve-year-old boy.

Finally, my new favorite quotation, which is from King Lear but which I bumped up against in A. S. Byatt's The Children's Book yesterday, while I was lying on my bed after lunch, listening to the rooster crow and waiting for the power company to make the electricity work:

"O me! my heart, my rising heart! but down!"

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I fear that there is always a triad of mousies as I well know from my trapping days IN my car.

Ah yes, raspberries!