Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home alone again, finally. Perhaps I will be able to work on the Bowen-Green-Murdoch essay, but I also need to prepare for the weekend workshop I'm teaching for the Maine Writers & Publishers Alliance. So I'll be sorting through useful poem-exemplars, while also figuring out what I want to present from my work at Friday's faculty reading. I will be the only poet, so I hate to spend too much time on the memoir. Nonetheless, here it sits, longing to be read aloud.

I made a lemony apple pie yesterday, and now I want to make one every day. I won't, but maybe you should. Early yellow apples (I used Ginger Golds) produce a lovely delicate filling . . . excellent with lemon, ginger, and nutmeg. Just go easy on the sugar and cinnamon, and use a butter crust.

No comments: