Tuesday, July 9, 2024

 

Summer in all of its glory . . . cloud fingers stretching into the blue, morning air cool over my bare shoulders, the heat of the day still coiled in its bed.

I slept well last night, which is a relief as I was nearly flattened by my own reading--in a good way, because I think I read well. But I felt like I'd run a long race--I'd inhaled my performance intensity, if you know what I mean, and my nerves were a-quiver afterward and all I wanted to do was sit on a couch and stared wide-eyed/wild-eyed at the horizon.

And today I'm back on the stand, teaching-wise, so sleep is a giant boon. We've had two days of Maudelle's brilliance, of participant brilliance, and now I will be coaxing a day of revision play from everyone . . . hoping to keep the enthusiasm trembling, hoping to keep everyone in joy and cogitation.

It's been a beautiful week. A really beautiful week. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

🙋🏼‍♀️💜💕 Thank you