Monday, February 19, 2024


This photo makes me laugh every time I catch sight of it. I look like a gray-haired five-year-old beaming at my parents before a school concert. And here, while I'm thinking of it, is a video clip from that very show: "The Lost Child"--Morgan Cameron, vocals and mandolin; Clifford Cameron, piano; Dawn Potter, vocals and fiddle; Brian Smith, bass; Sunny Stutzman, bass and vocals.







By the time I got home yesterday, mid-morning, I was completely exhausted. I took a nap on the couch before noon, then got up and did the grocery shopping, lounged around for the rest of the afternoon before making dinner, then went to bed early and slept hard all night. I wasn't at all sick. But it's been a tiring few weeks, with very few days off and a whole lot of mental stress. And Saturday's show, while great, was a long, long day of work and socializing and performing, bookended with driving. I guess it was the last straw, at least as regards my stamina.

In any case, after a day of semi-prostration I feel much more like myself. It's school vacation week in Maine, so I won't be heading to Monson. No poetry group on Thursday evening. No appointments or meetings or rehearsals, at least none that have been scheduled yet. Just a work week at home, followed by a weekend at home. What a novelty.

I'll edit, I'll read, I'll walk, I'll write, I'll cook, I'll sleep. It will be a thrill-a-minute and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

What a wonderful treat to see that video. Well done everyone.