Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Lying in bed, listening to the log trucks roll by, listening to the heat click on, listening to my fingers on the keys, lying in bed, listening to my brain wheedle Don't get up Don't get up

Dumb things I have done: leaving The Three Musketeers on the counter at home, being forced to read whatever I can find in this apartment, which is: a Joan Collins bodice ripper

Reading the Joan Collins bodice ripper over dinner, reading the Joan Collins bodice ripper in the tub, reading the Joan Collins bodice ripper in bed, and still not caring if I ever learn the ending

I admit it: The Three Musketeers is not haute-literature either

Thinking about coffee (not yet available), thinking about class (three hours in the future), thinking about my eyes flickering shut (the Joan Collins bodice ripper is extremely boring), thinking about the log trucks rumbling past

This small window into the groggy first moments of Dawn has been brought to you by Brain: The Intelligent Choice (rev. ed.) and by Loghorraea or Bust (opening in theaters this summer).

1 comment:

Carlene M Gadapee said...

How awful to have to depend on the Collins novel.
As much as I am not a huge fan, maybe you should download a book onto your computer/phone for such emergencies...?

Have a wonderful day, though!