Tuesday, December 12, 2023

All went well on the drive north, though I'm glad we left early as the wet roads were starting to ice up by nightfall.

Now I wallow in my large bed listening to emergency vehicles fly past. Some misery's going on out there, a crash or a house fire. Underneath this apartment is the general store, and I feel the thumps and bumps of opening time, I'm starting to imagine coffee, but now here come now more sirens and I crane out the window to watch another fire truck and ambulance speed north toward Greenville.

A Tuesday morning flurry in Monson, Maine. Whatever's going on out there is a multi-department response because the firetrucks are still coming. I just saw a Sangerville ambulance, and that town's 20 miles away. Jeez, something bad is happening somewhere.

I guess I need to fork myself out of this bed and address my own responsibilities--25 high school kids playing with paper and thread all day. Meanwhile there's a house is burning down. 

No comments: