Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thursday. This week has seemed endless yet all of a sudden it's drawing toward an end. And the month, too, is counting down its days. Mornings are cool; noons are summery. September looms in the wings.

I don't feel very glib-tongued this morning. My sentences keep asking to be short. Probably I'll go out to write tonight, and maybe my sentences will swell then. Or maybe short is all I'll get. It's possible that my two-day headache is influencing my fluency. It's not an excruciating headache, just a minor thud, but it won't go away. All of the Vermont distress is certainly behind it, and it is ibuprofen-proof.

Anyway, a new day! I'll wash clothes and do my exercises and edit footnotes. And text and talk on the phone endlessly. And maybe the headache will leak away and I'll find a few useful words buried under a rock.

No comments: