Monday, August 21, 2023

I hope I'll manage to post this note to you because the blog platform seems to be having some challenges this morning . . . nothing wants to load or update and "pages don't exist," etc. However, I seem to have sneaked in around the edge, so we'll see.

Sunday was a warm day, and today is supposed to be another one. I didn't do anything too remarkable: read books, cut herbs for drying, froze some chard, did laundry and the grocery shopping. I bought steamers for dinner, so that was a summery treat. Tonight, skate wings. I do love the surprises at the fish market. Plus, Tom and I went for an early evening walk and found a big patch of chanterelles in a new place.

Today, I'll be back to editing, undergoing my exercise regimen, working on a syllabus, waiting for news from Vermont. Maybe after today I'll have a better idea of what my upcoming weeks will look like. But I did take the risk of buying tickets for the Sea Dogs game tomorrow night. It will likely be our last chance to see baseball before the season ends, and I am grasping at fun.

1 comment:

Carlene M Gadapee said...

O how that phrase, "grasping at fun," tears at my heart as well.
This summer has been too wet and moldy to *be* summer, it seems. And I am not ready to "close the windows and hush all the fields"-- not even close.

Take good care, and I'm thinking of you and yours.