Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Oh, the rain! And poor Vermont! So many familiar places washed out . . . Ludlow and Andover, where I lived in my youth, when I was farm-managing . . . downtown Montpelier under water . . . Route 2 blocked with mudslides . . .  My own family, in the Middlebury area, seems to have escaped the worst (so far) but, friends around the state, I am worried about you.

In Portland we got downpours but no flash floods. Everything is soaked, and later this afternoon the heat is supposed to return so we will be back in the tropics again.

I spent yesterday working on a couple of poems, finishing Anna K, and otherwise pottering at my desk. Today, maybe, I'll be able to garden, but not until things dry out some. I feel lucky to have a garden at all right now. Poor Vermont.

No comments: