Tuesday, July 4, 2023

 . . . and of course I woke to rain, and rain will likely fall off and on all day, and that is the way things are here in the little northern city by the sea.

I did manage to break out of my severe laziness and finish (mostly) spring-cleaning the kitchen, and I did fiddle with a new poem draft, and I read a lot of Anna Karenina and found chanterelles on a walk and talked several times with my sister, who, fingers crossed, is finally doing better after her surgical horror. Nonetheless, rain and leftover Frost Place weariness continue to exert their magical powers, and doing anything feels difficult.

However, tomorrow must be a work day, so I need to get myself primed for that. I've got an editing project to finish and another prepared to drop on me, and at the moment I have zero desk stamina. Maybe that will change, if perchance we get some sunshine. This rain is an atmospheric sleeping pill.

No comments: