Monday, June 19, 2023

This will be a strange work week as I'll be doing things like (1) expanding the playlist on my phone so I can DJ a Saturday night social; (2) planning activities for said social; (3) vacuuming beach sand out of my car so I can drive faculty without embarrassment.

I labored hard yesterday: several sweaty hours spent pitchforking leaf mulch into garden beds and then relaxing with another batch of spring cleaning in the kitchen. I've got more of both to do today, plus a pruning project with my neighbor, plus mowing, plus washing sheets, plus the aforementioned party planning.

Anyway, the weather should be less rainy, at least for a few days. And my leaf mulch pile is <chef's kiss>. I understand that most people in town don't have room to speed-compost a leaf pile, but, boy, does it make a beautiful soil amendment (and it costs zero money, and spreading it is a superb workout, and the beds look gorgeous and gratified afterward).



No comments: