Monday, April 10, 2023

It's 29 degrees now, but the day is supposed to warm to 60 degrees, and by Friday we'll touch 80. So this will be a growing week, and I hope I can get outside and work in it.

We had a fun and busy weekend with T's parents, and on Friday P and a friend will be arriving from NYC, so this week between will be a frantic get-stuff-done window. At least I don't have to travel, which does make things easier. Still, I'll be editing and zoom-teaching and working on class prep, plus organizing for next weekend's complicated food situation up at the cottage. I'm already kind of frazzled, even before doing a thing.

Yesterday at the bird sanctuary we saw bluebirds, osprey, and what I think were scoters. The day was blue and crisp, a bracing wind blowing in from the ocean, the little salt-marsh canals dotted with snacking geese. It was a really nice day to idle outside, wrapped in our winter coats but basking in the young sunshine, meditatively eating T's picnic lunch as bluebirds flitted among a hedge of trees, dawdling along the flat lines of grass and sand and sea.

I do love a salt marsh.

No comments: