Friday, March 24, 2023

It was a chilly day yesterday, with a lot of fog and a little rain. I worked, I cleaned bathrooms, I scraped the ashes out of the stove, and when T got home from work we went out to his opening, which was packed, I am glad to say. Afterward we trudged up the hill and went out to dinner, where we spent most of the meal staring at the cinematically lit 7/11 across the street, imagining various David Lynch-like scenarios involving the silhouetted customers and the come-and-go vehicles. 

Today: meetings and class planning; also, editing; also, exercise class; maybe yardwork if the weather softens. A week ago I was getting ready to leave for Chicago, and I feel a little mournful now, missing my young people. Fortunately, another set of young people will be here in a few weeks, and I will be temporarily assuaged. But never permanently assuaged.

No comments: