Monday, February 20, 2023

And here you are again, Monday morning . . . you're apparently a holiday this week, but not in my household as T and I will both be working. Yesterday was work too--groceries and laundry and dealing with my filthy floor problem, reorganizing the freezer to fit in the whole organic lamb that got delivered to me from Vermont via Wellington, ordering pea trellis and row covers for the garden, and then a walk with Tom, and then I made chocolate pudding and red-beans-and-rice and a roasted tomatillo salsa and salad with spinach and roasted grapes. Housekeeper's work, and now it's back to the other kind of work: the desk job.

I'll be in Portland all week, but my calendar is packed with annoying distractions such as a dentist appointment and a trip to the vet. Still, there's a vase of daffodils on the kitchen counter, which soothes me every time I look at it. And I'll be talking to Teresa about those glorious William Alabaster sonnets. That will be a pick-me-up, in the midst of appointment darkness.

No comments: