Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Well, I got one class up and running yesterday, so that felt good. Today I'll start work on the second, more complicated class, with hopes that my brain will be as obliging as it was on Monday.

Today is also T's birthday, so tonight I'm taking him out to our favorite Japanese restaurant, which recently reopened after a long Covid-era closure.

Have I ever mentioned how glad I am he was born? He's a shy person who doesn't much care to be talked about, so I'll leave my emoting at that. But there are iceberg depths . . . 

For some reason, I'm feeling a little tongue-tied this morning. Sentences are not flying freely; I wonder why. I hear T opening and closing a dresser drawer; I hear the furnace groan. The house is warm and tidy, and I am reasonably awake, reasonably ready to charge into a day full of poem reading and syllabus composing. But at the moment I am not wordy.

No comments: