Sunday, January 22, 2023

Today is likely to be our last lovely snow scene as rain is forecast for tomorrow and everything will instantly become hideous. I think T and I are going walk around the cove this morning, to get in some last enjoyment of the view. The snow has been long-lastingly beautiful: two days after the storm it still clings to branches, so every street looks like an avenue into Narnia. We are sad to see it go.

So, a walk, then grocery shopping, then reminding T to fix the latch on my car hood . . . answering emails . . . maybe making cookies . . .  working on my garden-seed orders . . . watching the Bills game at three, which they will likely lose, but maybe not. Unfortunately Paul has to work today so we can't text back and forth during the game, which honestly is the number-one reason I've taken to caring about the Bills: it's an opportunity to hang out with my kid.

I had a vivid early-morning dream about hunting for a pink plastic laundry basket at the airport, and then woke up after 7, shocked at myself for sleeping so late. But at least I seem to have conquered my insomnia  problems. I suppose the airport dream must somehow be linked to the fact that I recently bought airline tickets to Chicago, for a weekend in mid-March. However, the pink plastic laundry basket is a puzzle.

Last night I made a full-on slow-cooked bolognese sauce with penne; tonight we'll probably have fish cakes with sweet potato and scallion. Tomorrow I need to belly-flop into the giant new editing project, but I refuse to think about that today. This is my last non-working weekend for a while, and I am going to wallow in it.

No comments: