Tuesday, January 17, 2023

 The sloppy storm finally whirled out to sea, and this morning we are left with a stiff frosting that will likely dissolve into slush as soon as the sun comes out. I'll be heading north this afternoon, and the driving should be fine, though I'll be taking the long routes. Once winter really kicks in up there, certain convenient roads are best avoided till May. Useful mantras: Always take the road-most-traveled. When in doubt, park at the mailbox and snowshoe in.

We ended up doing last night's poetry workshop via zoom, so this morning I think I'll experiment with some ideas I got from the poets about a weird draft I've been working on. I've been resistant about messing with this draft, but they may have a point.

Otherwise, I'll probably just catch up on housework this-n-thats, deal with some Frost Place stuff, etc. Last week I bought plane tickets to Chicago, for mid-March; and now that I've reserved that window for visiting my son, I can start filling in my work schedule around the edges. I've got hopes of seeing the Joffrey Ballet perform again, I'm excited to check out J's new home and new cat, and with a March visit maybe we'll avoid the worst of the winter weather.

My plan for Wednesday's class is to play a series of revision games with the Monson Arts kids. Teaching revision to high schoolers is a never-ending challenge, so I've concocted yet another approach. We'll see how it goes. I haven't worked with them for more than a month, and we'll all be rusty.

No comments: