Monday, January 30, 2023

Day 1 of Dawn's Ridiculously Busy Week is behind me, and this morning I am gearing myself for day 2: all editing, all of the time. Then tomorrow I head north, Wednesday I teach in Monson, Thursday and Friday I'm back on the editing train, and I teach all weekend.

I think the class went fairly well--though, as usual, I kick myself for not being a better teacher. I guess that's always the way. And then I half-watched some football, made fettuccine carbonara for dinner, and slept horribly. I did have a sweet dream about helping a very little boy clamber into his one-piece pajamas. Then we went for a ride together in a convertible.

All week the temperature will get colder and colder. Monson is forecast to be subzero on Wednesday, and Portland will be in the deep freeze by the weekend. On the bright side I have good boots and lots of firewood, Tom fixed the stuck latch on my car hood, and I am no longer struggling to get my gas cap to snap shut.

I worked on a decent poem draft on Saturday, and I wrote a notebook blurt yesterday in class that I'll take another look at, maybe later today, when my editing brain has turned to jelly. Or, given my bad night's sleep, I'll be asleep on the couch. One or the other.


No comments: