Friday, January 6, 2023

All day long I worked on conference planning, and I got a lot done . . . primarily sussing out the structure of this year's format, beginning to fill in my own lessons and sidebar readings, and preparing space for visiting faculty. It felt good to get a firm handle on that situation, and now today I'll be turning my attention to the classes coming up at the end of the month: sorting through readings, compiling prompts, etc., etc.

It's Friday--trash day, exercise-class day, wash-the-sheets day, deal-with-the-empty-refrigerator day--and the sidewalks and stairs are slick with ice. I did go out last night into the freezing rain, but the roads were still passable, and I was very, very glad to be writing with my salon. Now I've got a fat messy blurt to transcribe, and maybe I'll get a chance to do spend time doing that today. It felt really good to let my scribble-brain take over, and this morning my general holiday miasma seems to have lifted, maybe thanks to that session of crazy fast writing.


No comments: