Wednesday, December 21, 2022

This is the current state of my book. I may tinker a bit more, but I also got some materials to start working on the next one. The trim size is roughly 10" by 6" (I say roughly because I'm measuring with my fingers at the moment, and I didn't choose or cut the materials for this first effort). The cover is heavyish watercolor stock, and you can see the endpaper peeking through the punch hole.


Here's a view of the open cover and the endpaper--a fairly lightweight printed stock.


This is my title page. The pages are watercolor-weight, and the paper of the cutouts is more or less the same, but a darker white.



And this is an example of an interior page.


Yesterday I bought some cover and endpaper stock for my next try. I think the trim size will be different, and I may experiment with having the book open differently. I'll keep you posted.

* * *

Today, however, I'll be back on the editing train; also, probably working on a newsletter, hauling returnables to the redemption center, trying to figure out why I dreamed the cat was a goldfish, that sort of thing. T and I have been invited to a solstice party tonight, and we'll probably swing by for a little while. The forecast is looking more and more terrible for Friday, so it's looking more and more likely that we won't be traveling to Vermont that day. Maybe I'll work on my new book instead.

Probably I'll end up with too many of these things and have to start foisting them onto other people as unwanted gifts--my version of endless old-lady crochet . . .
 

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love your Little Book

Crochet Ladies: One year a very thoughtful, but perhaps not so aware woman in our community, crocheted a toilet roll cover doll for EVERY person in our school!! A little book would be ever so more welcome.

David D. said...

The little book: such clean, unfussy elegance. Love the blue.

Carlene Gadapee said...

The book is beautiful in its clean lines and spareness. I love it. Wayyy more than crochet. lol