Friday, December 16, 2022

It's snowing very lightly this morning, but that's a temporary condition. Rain is our seacoast forecast, lots of it, though further inland the snow will pile up. The snow is supposed to fall all day and into tomorrow, and I'm a bit regretful about missing it. I would have enjoyed a white day. But such is life along the moderating waters.

I wrote three draft-blurts at the salon last night, and a couple of them might be worth looking at today, though I was kind of sleepy toward the end of the evening so I could be misremembering their possibilities. My friend Betsy drove us back and forth to the West End, and I enjoyed sitting blinkily in the back seat, admiring the city's Christmas lights and paying no attention to traffic or parking.

And then, in bed, I dreamed I was wearing purple stockings, and I looked great in them.

* * *

Now, at 6 a.m., I am less confident about the stockings, but that's okay. I wasn't going to wear them today anyhow. I'll get through my exercise class, and work on my editing stack, and do some dusting, and probably venture out into the rain and drive to the grocery store. It will be a plain day.

But I do feel my mind ticking and circling. 

No comments: