Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I drove in my first snow of the season yesterday morning, and I will now stop grousing about my expensive new tires as they did their job perfectly. Only two students came to Monson (because of crazy Thanksgiving-week school schedules), but the class went well, snow was a delight, we got a chance to see what some of the resident artists were up to in their studios, and then I motored home cheerfully, ordered pizza for dinner, and watched an odd Japanese comedy from the 80s about the adventures of a woman tax inspector.

Today, laundry to do, errands to run, but on the whole it should be a low-key day. We're not leaving till tomorrow, so there'll be no panic about slamming out of here after work and driving into the night. Thank goodness. In my current state of over-traveling and perpetual work-weekending, I am dedicated to every little pocket of ease I can find.

By the way, next Wednesday, November 30, I'll be zoom-reading with the fabulous Meg Kearney and Cat Parnell. If you'd like a link, please email the host, Gloria Mindock of Cervena Barva Press, and she will send you one: editor@cervenabarvapress.com.



No comments: