Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Yesterday turned out to be the day I've been dreaming of for weeks. I finished not one but two chapters of the editing project, I worked on not one but three new poem drafts. I tore out all of the bean plants, brought a load of firewood into the house, went for a long walk, devoured a novel, organized Frost Place stuff, made chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner, and went to bed feeling like myself.

These are the titles of my poem drafts:

"Self-Portrait as Memorandum"

"The Last Days of the Shift"

"Poem with a Soundtrack and a Villain"

I mean, three decent poems in one day! That in itself would have been miraculous. But I was useful too. Amazing.

Maybe today will be another open-sesame. I can only hope.




2 comments:

Ruth said...

To those who wait however so impatiently🥰Congratulations on such a wonderful day.

David (n of 49) said...

Congrat's on the poems and LOVE the photo!